Emotional Intelligence (often times referred to as EI or EQ) encompasses a set of skills that enable us to do many useful things, including:
- understanding what others want and need
- understanding what we want and need
- finding ways for our wants and needs to fit with those of others
- staying calm under pressure
- being the kind of person that others want to be around
- using our emotions to energize us for achievement
Individuals and leaders who have high Emotional Intelligence are more successful in their work and generally more fulfilled. Good news – your EQ can be developed!
Enjoy these articles from Emotional Intelligence Magazine where Dr. Landefeld is a regular contributor.